Currie Barracks has been a key landmark in Calgary for generations. The lands were first designated for military use in 1911, when formal manoeuvres were staged in the lead-up to the First World War. In 1933, a new base was announced in honour of one of Canada’s most decorated military figures, Sir Arthur William Currie. The area surrounding Currie Barracks remained undeveloped until 1948, when the Department of Defense purchased the lands for the construction of the Currie Married Quarters. For the next 50 years, Currie Barracks remained part of CFB Calgary.

In 1995, the Federal Government announced plans to close CFB Calgary. Soon after, the CFB West Master Plan area was defined to include Currie Barracks along with the surrounding lands of Lincoln Park Permanent Married Quarters (now Garrison Green), Mount Royal College, ATCO, and WestMount. In late 1995, Canada Lands Company purchased the site.

Conceptional illustrations only. Project details such as floorplans, specifications, and dimensions are approximate and may not be exactly as shown. Information is subject to change without notice. Plans published by Empire Custom homes, all rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part. E&OE July 21, 2016.